I was happy to take part in an international women’s event on November 12, 2019 dubbed as Women Today: Innovators and Agents of the Future. It was a whole day event jampacked with important discussions about women – where we are today, our challenges, triumphs, our contribution to society and our strides in narrowing the gender gap when it comes to pay, roles played in society, and many more.
The event was spearheaded by Philippine Star in cooperation with Insular Life and other sponsor-companies.
When I say jampacked, I mean this jampacked. Take a look at the list of speakers below:
- Anna Belova – Chairman of the Board & Dean, JSC Russian Venture Company
- Nina Aguas – Executive Chairman, Insular Life
- Armi Lopez Garcia – Honorary Consul, Russian Federation in the Republic of the Philippines
- Jane Jimenez Basas – President & CEO, Cignal TV and TV5 Network
- Issa Guevarra-Cabreira – Managing Partner, 917 Ventures
- Mr. Rene Gener – Executive Director, People Management Association of the Philippines
- Maria Yolanda C. Crisanto – SVP Corporate Communications & Chief Sustainability Officer
- Margie Moran-Floirendo – Chairperson, Cultural Center of the Philippines
- Merlee Cruz-Jayme – “Chairmom” & CEO, Dentsu Jayme Syfu
- Lisa Macuja-Elizalde – Artistic Director, Ballet Manila
- Vicki Belo – CEO & Medical Director, Belo Group
- Tim Yap – Eventologist
- Hon. Grace Poe – Senator, Republic of the Philippines
- Gianna Montinola – Founder and President, Hands on Manila, Inc.
- Joy Belmonte – Mayor, Quezon City
- Isko Moreno – Mayor, City of Manila
- Lucy Torres-Gomez – Representative, 4 th District of Leyte
- Larisa Inozemtseva Scientist & Former Top Manager
- Millet Mananquil – Lifestyle Editor, The Philippine STAR
- Richard Gomez – Mayor, City of Ormoc
- Jeannie Javelosa – Co-Founder, Great Women Org Phils.
- Rissa Mananquil – Founder, Happy Skin
- Myrna Yao – President, Richprime Global
- Lissy Ann Puno – MA – Psychologist, International Author
- RJ Ledesma – Co-Founder, Mercato Centrale Philippines
For today’s article, I will let this video clip of some of the highlights speak for itself. It’s a great time for Filipinas, and women in general to take a more active role in shaping our society. Cheers to women leadership!
1. I am always happy to take part in the BSP Financial Education Stakeholders Expo. On its second year, I will be the moderator of Breakout Session 3: Investing in the Stock Market. I hope to see you there on Day 2 November 26, 2019 9am to 12 noon at Function Room 4.
2. Mom and Son Podcast – Season 4 Episode 8 (MOM AND SON DATE PART 2)
Now it’s the mom’s turn! The son is now the interviewer, the mom the interviewee. We jump back to parenting in her early years, her view on ageing and the afterlife, etc. Join our date and we hope you date your mom/son after this using our style!
YouTube Originally uploaded on Anton Fausto’s YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn-UJjiuzyw
3. Thanks to those who already bought the FQ Book, especially to those who took the time out to send me their feedback. Your feedback is food for my soul. To those who have not gotten their copy yet, here’s a short preview of FQ: The nth Intelligence
You may now purchase the book in major bookstores, or if you want autographed copies, please go to FQ Mom FB page (click SHOP), or FQMom.com (click BOOKS), or email us at FQMomm@gmail.com
4. Want to know where your FQ stands? Take the FQ Test Challenge now! Click link. http://rebrand.ly/FQTest
Rose Fres Fausto is a speaker and author of bestselling books Raising Pinoy Boys and The Retelling of The Richest Man in Babylon (English and Filipino versions). Click this link to read samples – Books of FQ Mom. She is a Behavioral Economist, Certified Gallup Strengths Coach and the grand prize winner of the first Sinag Financial Literacy Digital Journalism Awards. Follow her on Facebook & YouTube as FQ Mom, and Twitter & Instagram as theFQMom. Her latest book is FQ: The Nth Intelligence.
Some video clips taken from Philippine STAR Facebook page.